Thursday, May 05, 2011

now my consolation is in the stardust of a song

Nature or nurture?

I see so many of my quirks echoed in my siblings. I know I've come with my own idiosyncrasies but there are those things that have to have been instilled in me by my parents and my family.

I tear up during beautiful music.
I can't help it.
(I know some, if not all, of my siblings do too.)

Quiet slow pieces or big showstoppers, it doesn't matter. I get choked up.
There are a few pieces that I can listen to all day, this being one of them:

Theme from Sabrina, composed by John Williams  (I love when the full orchestra joins the piano after 2:05.)






(...and don't get me started on the Yentl soundtrack. Sheesh.)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good music makes me cry too. I love the Sabrina soundtrack! The song you posted is still one of my favorites to play on the piano