Monday, May 06, 2019

Spinning my tires

Yesterday was one of those days where I felt like I was spinning my tires in the mud. Lots of trying, little reward.

Spent the first half of the day grabbing Jeremiah, my newly-mobile crawler, as he tried to escape the living room, and bringing him back to the big pile of toys that is surrounded by body pillows and down comforters, in an attempt to give him some playground borders. Then feeding him and trying to convince him it was nap time. For, oh, a couple of hours.

As the baby (finally) napped in my lap, I made the online grocery list, which led to looking up recipes, which led to distraction after distraction. By the time I was ready to check out with my cart, I'd missed the pick-up window I needed. Oh well.

I fed Jeremiah some mashed potatoes and carrots in his little silicone self-feeder things. He looooved it. It's really fun to watch him try new things and be a little bit more independent. Unfortunately, that's all the real food he got. I meant to put him in the high chair and feed him breakfast, but it didn't happen.

I planned to shower, clean the kitchen, do the dishes and then make a nice dinner. Instead, I put Jeremiah in his "jumparoo" and quickly threw on work clothes. I grabbed the vacuum and sucked up the baby formula I'd spilled all over the kitchen floor. I put all of his bottle parts in the sink of hot, soapy water...and left them there. Finally, I threw a frozen chicken breast in the Crockpot with spices, so Derrick would have something available for dinner.

I had to leave for work a little after 4, so Caroline came over to hang out with 'MyMy for an hour until Derrick got home.

Because it was late, I didn't get the groceries I (really) needed.

Exhausting day with little to show for it.

No comments: