Monday, May 06, 2019

Part Deux

Umm, here we go again

All Saturday I was super nauseated, especially when standing. I went to a gardening presentation thingy with Meridith in the morning and felt okay-ish (other than my stupid tailbone/sacrum pain, but that's pretty par for the course right now),  but felt sicker as the day went on.

I kneeled backward on the couch and laid my forehead on the back and Derrick rubbed my lower back for a few minutes, which helped for a few minutes.

Sunday afternoon Jeremiah threw up on his bed during his nap and then threw up several more times through the night. I slept (I use the term loosely) on the guest bed next to his crib. He would be asleep and then whimper, change positions, start crying and then throw up quickly. I tried to be on my toes and get a towel under his chin in time, and sometimes I was successful, other times not so much.
Derrick helped me clean him up, throw the bedding in the wash, lay down towels, etc. I was cuddling with MyMy when he suddenly threw up all over me, front and back. (His head was on my shoulder.)
Sweet boy stopped throwing up sometime after 3:30 or so. Hallelujah, because I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

Monday I was feeling gross and Derrick texted from work that he wasn't feeling well. Derrick came home a half hour early and soon he threw up.
We all got ready for bed early, and soon I threw up. Derrick and I took turns running to the bathroom. Super fun.
Derrick finally fell asleep, hallelujah, and I came back to the guest bed from throwing up for the sixth time, only to find that Jeremiah threw up all over his bed (again), *SIGH*
I quickly cleaned him up, threw down some new towels on his bed, and got him back to sleep.
And then I threw up for the seventh time.

Ugggggghhh.

Tuesday we all took it easy and felt nauseated all day. That night Jeremiah threw up again. Stressful week. Derrick slept or tried to sleep all day. (He is not one who naps, so you know he really isn't doing well when he spends the day in bed.)
My mom and my aunt Marilyn came over and gathered all the laundry piles and did our dishes. Such a help emotionally as well as physically.

Wednesday we were still nauseated and uneasy, but no one had thrown up lately. (HALLELUJAH.)
In the afternoon I thought I was doing okay, so I went into the kitchen to make some soup. A few minutes into it, I got super faint again. Ugh. I had to sit back down quickly. I ate and immediately regretted it. So dang nauseated again.

My mom and Marilyn came by with crackers and Jell-O and juice and other things to help get over the gross feeling.

That night Derrick and I sat on the same couch and watched King Kong together, which I enjoyed because when we were dating we would watch movies and cuddle on the couch, and we haven't done that is a loooong time. Derrick sent me a text when I was in Jeremiah's room saying he wanted to cuddle and watch a movie when I was done putting MyMy to sleep.

Thursday we were all still feeling uneasy. I semi-jokingly told Derrick I was going to take a pregnancy test, just for funsies. He thought that was a weird idea, because why is that "fun"? I told him it's a science experiment.

I took the test and didn't pay it much attention for the three minutes on my timer. When time was up I glanced at it, ready to do the tilt-and-squint, trying to suss out a tiny faint line of hope.
Yeah, that's not what happened.
There were two dark lines.
Two solid dark lines.
Two.
Um, oh. Ok.
Awesome.

I did a little head shake, to Etch-A-Sketch my brain. I looked at the test again. Two lines. For real. My legs went weak and my hands went shaky.

I pulled out two more tests from my stash and took them. One test again had two solid lines. The other said Yes+

Holy crap.

I'm pregnant.

I'm so dang excited/anxious.





:)

(May 6, 2019 9:23 pm)

No comments: