Saturday, May 21, 2016

Steamy Perfection

Oh my goodness.

But really. Oh my goodness.

Derrick is from Round Rock, Texas. This is especially fun because he introduces me to good ol' Texas barbecue. :)

He has been excited about the idea of the existence of a Rudy's BBQ in Greeley, Colorado. Apparently they opened yesterday, but I had to work late. After the whole running-out-of-gas thing, I jumped in his truck and we headed over to the new restaurant, which is next to a Texas Roadhouse, which we both thought was odd, but whatevs.

The whole place was pretty packed. There was the buzz of excitement and newness and opening weekend fun. We stood in line for quite a while, but it gave me enough time to actually peruse the menu (I get such ordering anxiety. Ugh.) My sweet boyfriend explained their menu and how they did things and recommended his favorites. He ordered the brisket sandwich and coleslaw and I ordered the smoked potato with pulled pork and the small creamed corn.

Oh my goodness.

I tasted one spoonful of the creamed corn and immediately told Derrick I wanted to bathe in it. Amazing. Just...yeah, amazing. I have loved creamed corn pretty much always, but usually creamed corn has a canned corn metallic tinge and a gelatinous thickener.
This creamed corn is simply perfection. PERFECTION, I TELL YOU.

Fresh corn-on-the-cob flavor in the kernels, and the cream is like the milk from a pressed kernel, but creamier. A little garlic, salt, pepper, and a dash of STEAMY PERFECTION. Nothing gelatinous in it. Not a bit. Just warm, fresh, amazing corn. Mmmmmm.








AND THEN!
Oh, and then!

I thought it couldn't get any better.
My plastic fork didn't hit any resistance as I scooped into the flesh of the potato. I put it in my mouth and it MELTED. It melted. The potato just melted into a velvety mix of smoky, buttery goodness.

I might have moaned.
It was amazing.




No comments: