Friday, May 20, 2016

A Special Kind of Frustrating

Today needed a redo button.

I have been the "floater" for this district of this market (from Fort Collins to Firestone), and I get my schedule texted to me by the GM, Pon. Occasionally I will see that the schedule in the salon has me marked for a little bit different of a schedule than I have. (Usually keeping me on the clock an hour or two later, rarely letting me off earlier.)
Yesterday I noticed that I was written down as a 10-7 shift, and Pon was on the schedule for 9-5/6, which was the schedule she had texted me that I was was working. I asked the employees of that store and the assistant manager told me to come in at the scheduled 10 o'clock shift. Later, as we closed the salon together, he told me that I should come in at 11 instead, because we had been so slow that payroll would be terrible.
I woke up waaaay too early this morning, so I eventually fell back to sleep, knowing I wouldn't have to leave the house until 10:15. I woke up to my phone ringing, it was Pon. She left a voicemail saying I was supposed to be at the salon, and I wasn't there... uh... I called her back and explained what I was told. So she asked me to head down there as soon as I could. I got there at 10:25, and the assistant manager had been holding down the fort all by himself for an hour and a half. Hahaha. Oops. (Then the next three employees were all late by at least ten minutes.) Rough morning all around.

When I got off work I drove back to Loveland from Longmont and went on a little drive, stopping by a lake I had never seen before. Derrick called (which is delightful in itself, as I rarely talk to him on the phone), and suggested I meet at his house in Greeley and go to the BBQ restaurant that just opened. I told him I'll be right behind him, but I probably have to get gas first.
My new car counts down the miles left until the tank is empty. This is really cool, I like it, I've never had that feature before. I like knowing that my car runs about 390-405 miles on a tank, which usually costs me about $25.
HOWEVER, it stops counting down at like 40 miles left...so, although I know I should just always keep it over halfway full, I wish I knew when I was getting down to fumes.
I got about 15 minutes away from his house when suddenly the car chugged. Oh crap on a stick. I had missed my turn into the gas station a few feet back because I was distracted by avoiding the man on the motorcycle who had just winked at me as I accidentally caught his eye while I applied lipstick.

Crappity crap crap. Chug, slow down, chug.

So I turned as soon off the interstate as quickly as possible, coasted down a street, kind of Flinstoned it through the roundabout, and then came to a stop. Blah.
I threw on my hazard lights and called Derrick, laughing pretty hysterically. Of course I ran out of gas. Of course I did.
I got out and pushed it down the street and kind of around a corner. A man with long dirty hair and a really long dirty beard was riding a bike down the street and stopped and told me I'd be fine to leave it there in the road because my hazards are on and the cops in Johnstown are pretty chill about it. I told him I was going to push it off into the dirt road area regardless, so he got off his bike and helped me push it. Right as we got it in place I saw that another guy had stopped his car and was running toward us. He saw me put it in park and shut the door and he stopped running, stood there for a minute, turned around and walked back to his car. Sweet.

Derrick went all the way to his house, got the gas can, went to the gas station and came all the way back to where I was parked. 45 minutes. So nice.

Derrick has never run out of gas, because he takes care of things like that...I obviously don't. I hate pumping gas. I don't know why, but I just have never liked it. I love going to gas stations and getting treats and a soda and things like that, but I just can't get myself to pump the dang gas.

Derrick was probably frustrated with me, but he was very kind and put the gas in and said "We are going to stop at the Shell station nearby before we go anywhere else." and "How does this happen? I have never done this. How does this even happen?" Hahaha, I am a special kind of frustrating.



No comments: