Thursday, February 11, 2010

Frank's 2000" TV

November 2009 was a FUN month!

Oh, wait.
I need to backtrack...

Back in August I got social. Yeah, yeah, blah blah blah. Only thing is: very few of the people I was now interacting with were actually people I would consider my friends...someone I would call or invite to many of my gatherings. I was hanging out with Amy's friends more or less, rather than making friends. (With a few exceptions, of course.)

Adam kept telling me how well I would get along with Celeste, a girl in the ward. Usually when people say this it is followed up with "you two are SO ALIKE." And that is supposed to be encouraging? Are you aware what kind of a neurotic spotlight-stealing center of attention I am? Why would I want to hang out with someone because you think we are so alike?

However Adam did not say Celeste and I are so alike; he merely said we would get along well and would both benefit from a friendship. Ok, whatever dude.


I was doing a haircut at work one afternoon when I thought, "Huh, why don't I get to know her? There is no reason...just to be difficult, just because Adam said I should, so I don't want to." hahaha. So I sent Celeste a text asking if she'd like to go to lunch sometime.
So we had our girl date and had fun. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really liked Celeste.

A few weeks later, at the end of October, I was at Game Night and Celeste was there with her roommate Kathleen. Rather than actually playing games I stood in the kitchen talking to Kathleen for about an hour. We discovered we enjoy a lot of the same TV shows and movies--including Thoroughly Modern Millie. Kathleen invited me to come a few weeks later to their house for dinner.

On Halloween I went to a multi-stake dance and hung out with Celeste and Kathleen and other ward people I barely knew. I met Tiffany, one of their roommates and Celeste's cousin. I've known their other roommate, Brittany, for over a decade, as she and I were in the same home ward when I was in my early teens.

...to be continued...

Upcoming:

* The Movie Night
* The Wedding
* The Solo Thanksgiving
* The Park City All-Nighter

No comments: