Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Cup of Life, ole ole ole

This is what I get for working with a Mexican and a Brit--World Cup Mania.



Monday I went to lunch with Irma, Jayar, Julie, Leslie, Mark, and TheNewBritishChick. Even if I had had any energy to join in the conversation, which I definitely did not, I wouldn't have had anything to say. Soccer, soccer, soccer! (Err...football?, football?, football?)

They were talking about how some countries had nearly shut down while the games were on, while most of the USA doesn't even realize it's happening. I piped up with, "I didn't know it existed until Ricky Martin sang." Leslie bust up laughing and said, "Susannah, don't say that to anyone else." and repeated what I said for the rest of the table...they all laughed at me.
Oh come on, it's a big soccer tournament! Whoop de freakin do. Yet Irma is checking the scores online all day long for the Mexico team and Mark talks about the skills of each English player.

I once watched half of my nephew's soccer game, but that is as far as my experience with the sport goes.

Thought in my research I now have a SoccerBoyfriend, England's Stewart Downing, because he is 3 days older than me. :)


It's a shame I don't have cable/satellite, hahaha.

No comments: