Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"How can I remember things that never happened?..."

It's interesting how seeing a person or an object can bring back so many forgotten memories.

Today, while walking out of Institute with Honeyman (Ryan) and Money (Chris), I saw Shoe (Tyrone) for the first time in over 3 years! (Dang people have weird nicknames. Though who am I to speak? I'm often called Sushi.) I didn't talk to him because, frankly, I didn't think he'd remember me. And by the time I was sure it was him he was already in the building and I was halfway down the stairs.

In 2001 Nikki and I went to a 98 Degrees concert. We were meeting her boyfriend-of-the-moment, Skylar, there. We finally saw Skylar and found that he had brought his friend, Shoe. Their seats were in a completely different section of the Delta Center, so we met up with them right after the opening acts. We hung out until 98 Degrees went on. After the concert we met back up and talked for a little bit. Then Shoe gave me a paper that had his phone number on it. The guys walked us to my car (where my dad and uncle were waiting for us.)

A few months later Skylar and Shoe came to the party for my 17th birthday (when I had a dance on my SportCourt outside.) They were really fun guys. Nikki and I went to Shoe's mission farewell.
Nikki "Dear Johned" Skylar a few months into his mission. Shoe got home from his mission last fall. Because of Nikki not being around Skylar, and me not being around Nikki, I didn't have any reason to be around Shoe (which is unfortunate, 'cause he's a stud.)


Aw, fun times.

No comments: