Thursday, November 30, 2017

And away we go

Went to the Dr appointment yesterday, all ready for whatever may happen. Derrick was more prepared than me; he had the car packed with our bags...I, however, left an open bowl of soup on the kitchen counter. Oops.

I weighed in and have gained back everything I lost in this pregnancy, plus gaining about 3 lbs. Ugh. I mean, in reality, gaining 3 lbs in a pregnancy is pretty much nothing. But it meant bad things, because with the swelling in my hands and legs and ankles, along with super roller coaster blood pressure and elevated protein levels, it could mean pre-eclampsia developing at any moment. Stresssss

My blood pressure was good, which I'm happy about. I'd felt like Señor had dropped because when I was sitting on the bed I noticed in the mirror that I didn't look like I had a pregnant belly anymore, just too much weight. So I stood up and realized I no longer had a hard bump starting at my empire waistline, it was now squishy and flat...well, as flat as it gets. So I was pleased, because maybe my body is starting to get ready! No traumatic induction!

But then the Dr measured my belly and said it wasn't measuring any smaller, which it should be. Ugh. I don't really put much faith in the belly measurement, because I have flesh regardless of if there is a little guy in there or not. So, yeah, ugh.
Also, my body is completely not ready. No dilation, no anything. So, yeah, long traumatic induction, probably.


Dr. was sighing heavily while typing up his notes, and then stepped out to make a phone call. He called the perinatologist and basically asked their opinion and got me on the schedule for an ultrasound. He mentioned my "big belly" on the phone call, and a possibility of a c-section. Ugh.

He came back and explained he can't tell if baby is breech, because he can't actually feel which way he is facing. He found the heart tones much higher than he expected to, if he were in correct position. And he was worried about Señor's size, and how the fundal height was too big.
He said he never recommends a c-section over flipping and inducing, but I may be the exception. Yay.

So today we went to our previously scheduled non-stress test and then stepped into the next hallway over for the ultrasound.
I'm very happy to say Señor is still head down, yaaaay!! And is estimated close to 8 lbs still.

SO, YEAH... When we got home from the hospital I realized I had a voicemail saying they wanted us to come in tonight to get the induction started. I am to call the hospital in just over an hour from now, at 5, and they will probably have us come in around 6.

I am under strict instructions from Derrick to watch a funny movie. He said watching a crime show will make me anxious, haha, but a funny movie will release the endorphins I need. He is great, I like him.

So I'm watching Ghostbusters 2, trying to relax, trying to breathe deeply and keep the anxiety at bay.

I AM GOING TO THE HOSPITAL TONIGHT TO HAVE A BABY. THIS IS CRAZY.

So I'm fingers-crossing it that he'll be here by Saturday afternoon. Without anything too traumatic.


No comments: