Wednesday, June 06, 2012

"Remember the smurf thingy? That was funny."

My sweet little nephew is asleep next to me on the couch. About two hours ago Luke was angry with me. I had cut his hair, he felt I made him look stupid. Hahahaha, oh that kid. Granted, it is shorter than I'd intended to go, but while I was blending the sides into the top Luke jerked his head...I had to take everything shorter to blend out the chunk that was cut into it. But he looks good, handsome little dude.

Today was day one of Faux Mama 2012 --

I got up at 6:50, woke up Emma and Luke (Care told me she'd stay in bed until her alarm went off ten minutes later) and sat on the couch, chatting with Lukie while the girls got ready.

After sending the kids off to school I headed over to Costco to fill up the van, then wandered Target for a few hours. Boooooring. I took myself to lunch and to a movie and I had an enjoyable morning, but I would've preferred to do all those things with the kids. It's just not as fun without them.

When school got out we headed over to Wal-Mart and goofed around in what we call the "10-year-old boy aisle", where the superhero toys are kept. Tons of photos were taken. Goofy, goofy photos.

We dropped Caroline off at the church and headed over to the park. It was slam packed with kids and their parents. Some kids were spraying everyone with water guns, others were dumping buckets of water down every slide. Emma Kate and Luke didn't want to go down the wet slides so we left after less than 20 minutes.
We sat outside the church for over a half hour, as Care's activity ran late. Luke climbed a tree while Em and I chatted in the car.

Elizabeth left a gift card to Chili's so we headed over there for an FHE dinner. The server was not my favorite and the food took forever, but we had a great time together. I love being with these guys, they are hilarious; so, so fun.

We got home, changed into pjs, cut Luke's hair, and snuggled on the couch watching 15 minutes of TV before the girls headed up to bed. Lukie fell asleep the moment we sat down. So cute.


No comments: