Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

Jamie: "What about him?"
Suannah: "Nah, not my type."
Jamie: "What is your type, then?"
Susannah: "Umm, kinda like...me."
Jamie: "Like you? Your type is you?"
Susannah: "Yeah, sure, why not? I get along well with me; I like to hang out with me."


I am two months away from turning 27-years-old. (I know, right? Where did the time go?)
And that makes me especially susceptible to comments from, oh, just about everyone and anyone. Several times a day customers ask me if I'm married, and when I tell them I'm not they try to reassure me with things like, "It'll happen in due time." and "Don't worry, hon. You will. Just keep reminding yourself you're worth it."

Oh heavens.

I don't want/need your pity, thanks.

I have an awesome career, fun hobbies, great friends, and I'm planning fabulous vacations. I'm not sitting around, mopey, bitter.

Last week I had a customer who chastised me for being single, haha. She told me I have to start putting myself out there because if I don't I will never get married. Then she proclaimed, "Do you understand? YOU WILL BE ALL ALONE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!"

Bwahahaha.


I love the phrase "put yourself out there." What does that even mean? It sounds like Jane Austen-y times when they present their daughter as being available to court.


My parents would tell me "put yourself out there" means I have to start being nice to guys. They are convinced I am rude to everyone around me. (Just because I, on occasion [ok, frequently], ask my father if I hurt his "widdow feewings" Hahahahaha.)

No comments: