I've sucked at keeping up-to-date, I know. Usually for my review I can peruse my posts, however this year I had to use Twitter and FB. Sheesh.
Super long and image-heavy. Thats a warning.
* Needed a change. So, uh, I dyed my bangs pink.
Erin's birthday party in downtown SLC. So fun!
* Met Ben Lyons and took Ryan's picture with Paris Hilton in Park City during the Sundance Film Festival.
* Transferred from the Sandy location to the Provo salon, saving me a lot of gas money.
* Worked my behind off on the treadmill, lost 17.5 lbs during February.
* Got to watch my darling little niece be blessed. Oh Madilyn, SO CUTE!
* Juggled both salons, loving the tips in Sandy but hating the drive.
* Hosted many movie nights with friends.
* Dreamed I pulled big leaves of cabbage and broccoli stalks out of a wound in my abdomen. (Time to lay off the veggies?)
* Did my own taxes for the first time.
* Went to a ward activity during which we had a pinewood derby (which we won with Chris's recycled car)
* Listened to old reel-to-reel tapes of my parents in the late 1960s. Couldn't help crying when I heard my Grandpa's voice for the very first time.
* Grandma dreamed I married a man named Philmino. She suggested I look in the phonebook...
* Got really sick. Was probably a cold, but I claimed Swine Flu, because come on, its a funny name.
* Celebrated my little nieces 1st birthday. Oh Grace, you crack me up.
* Spent the day with Elizabeth, Richard, and Deborah's families in Mesquite and St. George.
* Met Nick Arrojo at the hair show.
* I worked at the salon a lot and worked out a lot. My jawline made an appearance for a little while there.
* Got very into looking up genealogy. Found some funny stuff like a distant cousin named Utahnah.
* Hosted a fondue party, which turned out well and was so fun!
* Flew to Las Vegas to for a week as FauxMama while my sister and brother-in-law went to NYC. I went to school programs, assemblies, and preschool graduations.
Luke trying to understand texts: "Uh, so does the paper envelope fly through the universe then come back to the world?"
* I made the most perfect chocolate chip cookie EVER.
* After my siblings got back in town I went out with Ashley and Annyong.
* We played in the ocean
* Went swimming all together.
* Drove back to Orem with Meridith and Ben.
* Played with my nieces while my parents, Meridith, Ben, Aliesha, and Clarke were in the Philipines on a random vacation.
* Participated in my wards Summer SuperActivity
was Ginger Spice in a lip sync
* Got locked out of the house for 3 hours.
* Worked a lot.
* Ran around in the rain during a sudden intense rainstorm, got totally soaked. So dang fun.
* Watched a few neighbor kids walking down the street dressed as cowboy, a hippie, SpongeBob SquarePants and a watermelon slice. Pure awesome.
* Suddenly had no cell phone for a few weeks. Felt so nekkid.
* Had a fun evening with Rachel and Katrina. Went to the Planetarium and the Cheesecake Factory, was sung to for an early bday celebration.
* Had a shared birthday party with Celeste.
* Turned 26-years-old.
* Had a crazy dream wherein I was chased through a museum, tried to get my familys attention during an orchestra concert, and found a death threat on my car...which wasn't my car.
* Used some needle-nose pliers...then they used me. Accidentally ripped my finger open and pulled off flesh on the pad of my finger with the wire-stripper part of the pliers. (The picture is a day or two later, partially healed...its hard to see the part of the flesh that was only torn back, not ripped off.)
* Woke up with a slightly painful hip. Looked in the mirror and noticed a deep-set impression of my remote control in my hip flesh. Fell over laughing. Really.
* Brought my lil niece Caroline to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in concert with Rachel and her sister.
* Sat on the porch with Deborah, Aaron and Caroline until after midnight to watch the meteor shower. It was really fun.
* Stayed up until 2 a.m. with Caroline to continue watching the meteor shower. We laid out blankets on the SportCourt and pointed out each falling star. So fun!
* Went to Lagoon with my singles ward and Elizabeth, Jayar, Suzanne, Richard and their families.
Then the weather became PERFECT!
Got kicked off a ride because the restraint wouldn't close over my huge chest. Oy vey.
* Had a family reunion with my siblings, aunts, uncles, and a handful of cousins for my Grandma's birthday.
* Went to the home of a family friend (old neighbor of my grandparents) where is housed a ginormous collection of random old stuff. Oh how I loved it.
* Got to play with my siblings!!!
* Got a new drivers license. It is a horrible picture. I look drunk.
* Took my car, George V Dubya, in to be fixed. Being car-less is no fun.
* Bought a hydraulic chair for my home salon. :D :D :D
* Played SuperMario Bros for Wii for the first time. Nostalgic and lovely. I would really really like to own it.
* Went to the Storytelling Festival with some friends. Fun to be with friends, but bo-ring storytelling.
* Got completely out of credit card debt! Now the only money I owe is to my parents.
* Went on a roadtrip! St George! with Amy, Aubrey, Rachel, Danny, Chris, Kevin, Celeste, Brittany and Hannah. (Aaron couldn't go with us, he was replaced with a Big Hunk bar.)
* Met a Little Person. Suggested he has many Halloween costume options (R2D2) because oh my gosh, I have no tact.
* Badly cut my finger up in two places. Because I'm just that good. Bled through 7 Band-Aids.
* Went to the Beauty & the Beast sing-a-long with Brittany. Did her hair for her Belle costume. :)
* Saw Hanson in concert in SLC with Aaron! Had so much fun.
* Gave myself full bangs.
* Had a lot of explosions in my dreams, huge fireballs; like my brain was being directed by Michael Bay.
* Made it through my first corporate review. Was so nervous, but it turned out OK.
* Went to Las Vegas to surprise Caroline on her birthday. Was a lot of fun.
* Worked a lot.
* Had a lot of movie nights with friends. Fell asleep during a movie then apparently said, "I'm tired like a candle...but just the top, just the wick part."
* Got George back!!!
* Helped plan/set up/host the ward Halloween party. Dressed kind of like Ursula the Sea Witch...but a toned down version.
* Worked a lot.
* Took advantage of my new Netflix account by watching entire seasons of several shows including Lie To Me, The IT Crowd, Bones, NewsRadio and others.
* Went clothes shopping with my manager and salon owner to get an outfit for the fashion show I'd been asked to model in. Lesson learned: JC Penny and Khol's are not places for a girl with any sort of curve to her if she has any sense of fashion.
* Went to the Harry Potter midnight showing with a bunch of friends. So fun.
* Received notice for prospective jury duty! Huzzah!
* Introduced Ghostbusters to some friends, none of whom enjoyed it. Crazy, crazy children.
* Thanksgiving happened. I invited Kevin to join us as he had nowhere to celebrate. Went to the movies with a bunch of siblings and nieces and nephews. Fun, fun.
* Was offered a promotion to be Assistant Manager of the salon. (Accepted, but the higher-ups have to watch my numbers until January before I can get the job.)
...And that has been my year so far.