Saturday, December 11, 2010

Here comes Susie Claus



Today I bought pajama pants for my brother-in-law.
I'm not worried that he'll find out because he never ever reads this and if anyone tells him about his gift they are Christmas-hating Grinches and should be called out as such.

The pajama pants are important because they are the first Christmas purchase that has actually felt Christmasy.

Hallelujah!

Every year I try to find a gift for everyone in my family, but it is looking to just be a bit too much for me this year. I have 3 brothers, 3 sisters, 3 brothers-in-law, 3 sisters, my parents, my grandma, 17 nieces/nephews, and two little fetuses on my shopping list. (And thats before I even start thinking about getting things for my friends.)

That is 32 people! That is a lot of people!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. My love language is gift giving. This is my time of year. I love finding gifts for people!
But because I'm not getting a gift for everyone this year it has been really hard to get into the Christmas mood. Tree is up, music is playing, but something was missing. I haven't wrapped a single gift so far this year.

Instead of drawing names for gifts this year we have a sibling to whom we've been assigned to write a note. Gah! I'm not a love letter writer. I can't express myself well through writing! The very idea of having to write an appreciation letter to my brother-in-law stresses me out! Gah! ...hence the pajama pants.

No comments: