Monday, October 27, 2008

A little frustrated

I hate working in small retail stores. There is no "job" that I enjoy. I hate having someone tell me what busy work they want me to do. I hate having stupid little things like displays and paperwork mean life or death. IT IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT.

People who dedicate their whole lives to retail management freak me out.

This job is not my personality. I am not a details person. I don't see what needs to be done and just do it. I am a procrastinating, messy, pile maker.


I don't want to be doing this. I hate the feeling of wishing tomorrow wouldn't come so fast so I had to go back to work again so soon. I hate making such little money for cleaning up after other people and being yelled at for not doing stupid small things.

I just want to spend time with family and friends and have a life. I just want to be a hairdresser and have a shop off my house and set my own schedule and do something I enjoy.

The threat of a "write up" from a manager means absolutely nothing to me. I just do not care. If I had the financial stability to do such, I would absolutely quit my job.


A few months ago I mentioned to my manager that I haven't seen most of my friends since January, and I guess I won't see them again until Christmas. She said, "What do you mean you'll see them at Christmas? Thats blackout time in retail. Noone gets time off then." I've asked a few times since then and have gotten the same response, that I can not have Christmas off.

Listen, CrackSmoker, there is no way I am waking up alone in my little house in Las Vegas on Christmas morning when my family will be together in Utah. I have absolutely NO loyalty to you. There is nothing keeping me with your company other than a measly paycheck. I do not care one bit about you. We have never had any sort of personal connection. Every time you talk to me I feel like a reprimanded child. You talk about me to every other employee. You have never once come to me with any problem with me, rather I hear from others what you dislike.
If I wasn't hurting so much financially I would leave you so quickly.

1 comment:

AdamOndi said...

I feel exactly the same way. I currently work for FedEx, throwing pack--I mean, loading packages from 2AM to 7AM, after which I go to my real job from 7AM to 3:30PM.

I have absolutely no loyalty to that company, and have gotten sick of them. So I have decided to go deliver pizzas as my second job instead of throw packages around. With no remorse whatsoever, I will probably not be going back to FedEx after Friday morning. I am still trying to decide if I will give them any notice whatsoever.