Thursday, January 10, 2008

We're finished.

I love reading MyBestFriend Sarah's writings.

I totally agree with her on this:
So you know what, all the boys in the whole wide world? I'm finished.

I'm finished telling myself you're smarter, funnier and all-around more worth the matter assembled to create you than I am. Let me tell you something, you're not.

I'm finished convincing myself that your expressed lack of interest in me actually means you like me.

I'm finished waiting by the phone for the phone call or text message that won't come.

I'm finished stalking my inbox for the generally regarded as merely polite response you can't seem to rip yourself away from your exhaustingly consuming life to write.

I'm finished endlessly stalking you on facebook.

I'm finished. I don't care if you like everything I like. I don't care if our conversations are incredible. I don't care if you are the dreamiest of all dreamy boys.

You want to know why? Well, I'll tell you. Because YOU'RE NOT DREAMY. You're not dreamy because I'm sitting here right in front of your face being awesome and you're ignoring me. That's why.

2 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Pretty sure that's the sweetest thing you've ever said. I love you SUE!

Susannah said...

Awwwwwww, and I you.