Monday, December 24, 2007

Scoop me up a mess of that chocolate swirl/Don't be stingy, I'm a growing girl


Left: Susannah, Right: Meridith (duh.)

I went shopping with Meridith today. It was all fine and dandy until she decided we should stop in GAP so she could try things on. Oh heavens.

Meridith is two inches shorter than me and about 70 ok 95 FINE! 115 lbs lighter, haha.

She picked up a darling brown and blue peacoat and tried it on. Lovely. I said, "You know I hate you, right?" When she took off the coat I told her I was going to try it on. She reached in the rack for a one a few sizes larger. I said, "Nope, I'm trying on yours--the Extra Small." ...I got one arm in and the other to my elbow, with my arm pinned behind my back. Handcuffs, basically.

Because I am living my fashion life vicariously through my little sister, I handed her a few things I wanted her to try on. With her pile and my pile in hand, Meridith headed for the fitting rooms. I asked her if she wanted me to sit outside, but she replied that she didn't mind, if I wasn't uncomfortable. I told her I wasn't uncomfortable at all, I just may yell obscenities at her.

Each item of clothing looked darling, of course. But the Extra Small would be snug if it shrunk, and they didn't have a Small, so she didn't buy anything. And that is why I am never shopping with my little sister again.



It would be one thing if Mer were some waif, but she isn't. That chick takes down a whole pizza by herself in one sitting.

Susannah: "Oh heavens, both of your thighs together is one of mine."
Meridith: "But you have other things...like a great fashion sense."
Susannah: "Oh don't play the She's Got A Great Personality card!"