Saturday, October 13, 2007

"We walked to the Target over yonder" -Suz ("Howdy pardner" -Liz)

This weekend my brother, his wife, and their three kids came down for the weekend, woot! Tomorrow the guys are going to the BYU vs UNLV game, so today was Girls Day Out.

Girls Day Out means shopping, and here is the problem: Susannah's "shopping" is greatly different from Elizabeth and Suzanne's "shopping". For example: Elizabeth and Suzanne's "shopping" involves perusing the racks at clothing stores, such as Banana Republic, and subsequently spending time in the fitting rooms. Unless I'm looking for a tube top to use as a headband, there is nothing in Banana Republic for me to "shop".
And how about Polo Ralph Lauren? Kenneth Cole? White House/Black Market? ANYWHERE? Hmmm, again, nope. My waist is wider than a bagel, so these stores are destinations in fairytales, and not somewhere I should actual enter.



Susannah: had lasagna for dinner
















Banana Republic model: hasn't eaten in six years
















But I knew this going in. I planned accordingly: I wore flip flops. I wore jeans. I wore a jersey knit dress. It's all thinking about comfort when you're preparing to wander behind shoppers for three hours.

If you don't go into it with the right mindset (there for the social aspect, nothing else) it is easy to become quickly annoyed. Oh yay, another sweater that would look great on me if it weren't a size 0/2. *eye roll* Oh yippee skippee, another store I am too fat to shop in.
I usually can't even find solace in the cliche womens shopping day event that is shoe shopping. And why is that? Oh yes, because many shoes are not produced in sizes above a 9.

Because we are all 5'5" dress size 4 women with size 7 shoes.

And ya know, people like Oprah Winfrey, Paris Hilton, Rebecca Romijn, Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie, and ME, with our ginormous shoe size 10 or 11, just don't exist.

So basically, when I found red 4-inch heeled pumps in an 11 I had to buy them. Had to.


(Mine are not peep-toe, they are freakishly pointy-toe. This is the same brand and everything...I just couldn't find a picture of mine online)

And yes, I stand 6'2" when wearing them. And I do. not. care. what kind of intimidation I am causing wimpy guys nearby.




And, uh, yeeaaaahhhh, I don't have a soapbox to stand on about anything, do I? Not opinionated in the least. (And it is 4 a.m., and I am on some pain killers. Oh boy.)

1 comment:

Meridith said...

I don't think anyone should look good in a green and yellow half-table cloth anyway.