Saturday, June 09, 2007

"We came here to rock, not play Monopoly!"

There's something about live music that I love--such as my internal organs thumping along with each note of the bass.

These guys are so drunk I'm not sure how the singer is remembering the lyrics ...then again, when every line rhymes with "writing on the wall" it can't be all that hard.

Oh heavens, the lead singer just ripped off his shirt; now is when they're gonna rock, the past half hour was just a warm up to the rocking, apparently.

I'm waiting for Side Dish to go on stage. It's been nearly three years since I've seen them perform. Geez, I've changed a lot in those three years. I mean, dang, I've changed a lot in the last year and a half.

It's really kind of funny to hang out here with people who I think basically put up with me for years. I invited Amanda to her first show; she married the trumpet player, Erik. I invited Nikki to her first show; she dated the lead singer, Ryan, for two years. So I quickly became the 3rd and 5th wheel. (woohoo) I told Ryan I've decided to stop bringing friends with me, hahaha.

Ah, here we go. Sound check: 1:20 a.m.

No comments: