Friday, June 01, 2007

Get A Clue


If there was one fictional person with whom I always felt I could be best friends it was Nancy Drew. A bit sassy and smart as a whip, we were nearly one and the same. Together with her tomboy friend George and her chubby girly girl friend Bess she solved mostly frightening mysteries.

I could read a Nancy Drew book in a single night. Two books, if I was left uninterrupted.

And although I may have guessed the ending only three quarters of the way through, I still couldn't wait to turn the page.

However, they are now releasing an aldulterated movie version of my beloved Best Friend starring whatsherface, Julia Roberts's niece.

I really wish they would have made it a bit more Harry Potter-ish dark, intriguing movie than what it looks like it will be: a fluffy When In Rome or Get A Clue-esque blah movie. Nevertheless, I will take Care and Emma Kate to see it, and hopefully they'll eventually love the books as much as I have.

No comments: