Monday, March 26, 2007

Odd conversation

As I was pulling out of the parking lot at my favorite Chinese food place, a man was walking past pulling a suitcase with a sleeping bag attached.

Guy: "Excuse me, ma'am...I hate to bother you like this, but is there a Rochelle down there?"
Sus: "Yeah, I'm pretty sure."
Guy: "So I'm going the right way?"
Sus: "As far as I know."
Guy: "Thank you."
Sus: "You're welcome."
Guy: "I have another question, and I hate to do this. I'm not asking you for money or anything like that...just could you please help me with a hot meal?"
Sus: "Sure!"
Guy: "I am not asking for money, I'm not going to buy drugs or alcohol, I am just famished."
Sus: "Here is $4, I don't have any other cash."
Guy: "Oh my dear, thank you. Is there a fast food restaurant around here? I thought I saw a McDonalds. I am an alcoholic and I've come here to go to rehab on Rochelle. This isn't my side of town."
Sus: "You passed McDonalds, but there is a Wendys up there...or this is Chinese right here."
Guy: "Are the expensive though? I hate to ask this of a woman; and such a pretty one, too."
Sus: "Nah, not expensive, in fact...here is my change, so that's nearly $6; you can get an huge combo plate for that."
Guy: "Oh thank you, thank you, I think I'm in love with you. Can I have your children?"
Sus: "I don't believe that is scientifically possible, sir."
Guy: "Oh, well, you know what I mean."
Sus: "Hahaha."
Guy: "Let me go get you a receipt."
Sus: "No thanks, see ya."
Guy: "What is your name?"
Sus: "Susannah."
Guy: "Hi Susannah, I'm Happy...really my name is Merrill. You are so beautiful."
Sus: "See ya."

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Yeah, "odd" to say the least!