Friday, March 23, 2007

"My hobbies include making wax models of my favorite internal organs and skeeball...are you going to write this down?" -Raines

1. Are you a child of the 70s, 80s, or 90s?
Born in 1984, I'm totally a child of the 90's

2. Where were you born?
Provo City, Utah County, Utah

3. What did you grow up in?
A two-story 5 bedroom, 2 bath home in Orem until I was 8, then a three-story 6 bedroom, 3.5 bath home in Orem until I moved to Las Vegas in 2005

4. Did you enjoy your childhood?
Loved it! Overall quite enjoyable.

5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher or Sister Andrews (my neighbor who cut my hair)

6. What do you want to be now?
Cosmetologist

8. What was your first best friend's name?
Let's see...Jared is older than Sarah, so I'd have to say Jared. (Sorry, Sar; he's got a whole year on ya)

9. Are they still your friend?
Jared and I had a falling out of sorts once I moved. He came over to the new house once and we played Super MarioKart, and I beat him. Repeatedly. I think that had something to do with it ;) In high school we had a class together, but we only mentioned our "history" once, when I had my scrapbook or photo album of some sorts with me and there were a lot of pictures of a younger him in there.

10. Can you name all the schools you ever attended as a child?
Yes. Orchard Elementary, Canyon View Junior High, and Orem High

11. Were you closer to your mom or dad as a kid?
Uhhhh...dunno. Dad, maybe? I never really considered myself "closer" to one than another when I was really young. Nowadays my dad understands me more than my mom, but thats just because I am his Mini Me; but I still don't think I'd consider myself closer to one than the other.

12. What was the first record, tape or CD you remember buying?
I went to MediaPlay with Clarke one night and bought Backstreet Boys self-titled debut album; the original version, not the rerelease with "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" on it. Then I saved up my money for a while and got Hanson's "Middle Of Nowhere"

13. How old is a good age to have kids?
For me? Ha. I guess late 20 and all 30's, as I am nowhere near that point yet.

14. Are you scared of anything?
Just about everything. Specifically spiders/bees/bugs, heights, things in the dark, things in costume (clowns, Chuck E. Cheese, etc)

15. What was your favorite class in elementary school?
Japanese was pretty fun, haha. (Konichiwa! Watashi wa Susannah desu.) I always LOVED any science class. Art was pretty fun, because wasting an hour cutting up paper is always cool.

16. Did you buy school lunch or bring your own?
School lunch. I wanted to be one of the cool kids who brought my own, but never got to. (Until Junior High when my mother packed some funky lunches like strawberry jam on the heel of whole bread with a thick slice of cheddar cheese...and an apple. My locker collected fruit flies.)

17. Broken any bones or had any freaky accidents as a kid?
* When I was only a year or two old I went on a business trip with my family. Sunday morning my dad was loading boxes into the van and I was standing right inside the car. He turned around to pick up another box and heard a huge thud. I fell out of the car and headfirst onto the asphalt. I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I think I was knocked unconcious? Anyway, my parents rushed me to the hospital and the nurses looked at my mother and her six (clean, nicely dressed) children with disgust. When my mother tells the story she often uses the phrase "You rabbit", which cracks me up completely.

* When I was about five years old I was playing on our large swingset. I started to fall off, but got stuck. I swung back and forth dragging my bare back against the rocks underneath, getting all gashed and bloodied. I was scared and was convinced I was never going to become detattached.

* One sunny summer afternoon in the late 1980s, my older brother, Richard, was using the weed whacker against the tall grass that grew near the fence. I wandered through the gate right as he got to that point. My legs got weed whacked pretty badly (I distinctly remember sitting on the bathroom counter as Elizabeth and Richard put half a box of band-aids all over my leg.)

* When I was 13 I had a baseball bat intentionally swung at my face; the gash required two layers of stitches.

18. Were you a mean kid?
Yes and no. I'm not really a mean person by nature. I was picked on a lot in school for being tall/goofy/you name it. So sometimes I picked on people I could, like Meridith's friends.

19. Favorite board game of all time?
I pretty much rocked at Shutes & Ladders (my Grandma has a painted "snakes & ladders" board we loved to play with)

20. Did you play house or pretend to be a super hero?
I played house. I once played Cowboys & Indians, but Jared made me be the cowboy because he had a large Tipi (Teepee?), so I was over that pretty quick.

21. Seriously, are you still just a kid at heart?
Oh hello, yes.




Susannah, Deborah, Clarke, and Meridith

No comments: