Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"I'm twiddling my thumbs."

Today is the first day of Lent. Irma is Catholic so she has a whole slew of things she has given up for the next 40 days. However, her doing so affects me greatly because she will no longer go out to lunch with me. And thats my favorite part of the workday!

I want to play along!

I tried to make a list of things I would be willing to give up for Lent, but all I wrote was soda, which I'm trying to get off anyway. What I understand is that you "sacrifice" something you enjoy. So I'm gonna go with things I enjoy...but isn't so much of a sacrifice...'cause I don't want to crack less than a week in.
Things I'm Giving Up For Lent:
sushi
soda
Sharpies in colors other than orange and bright green
and I shall fast between the hours of 1 a.m. and 7 a.m.
more to come...

I told Irma about my plans and she seemed annoyed at first because I hadn't chosen anything that would be a real sacrifice. Then she seemed annoyed because I'm not actually doing it for Lent, but rather just to see if I could do it.

I: "But are you actually doing it for Lent?"
S: "I don't really understand Lent."
I: "So then you aren't."
S: "Ok."

No comments: