Monday, January 29, 2007

I can't wait anymore for him to discover me/I got it bad for David Duchovny/David Duchovny, why won't you love me?/why won't you love me? -Bree Sharp

While in my early teens my dad and I attended a cheesy "Daddy Daughter Night" in my ward. One of the games was where the girls all had to leave the room and the fathers had to answer questions about their daughters, then the girls returned and were asked the same questions, and those who answered the same got points. (The Newlywed Game, basically.)

When I came back into the room my father whispered to me, "Remember who we were talking about earlier?" Uh...nope. When I couldn't remember he whispered, "Dutch oven." Hahaha.

One of the questions was, "Who is your daughter's favorite actor?" I'm not even sure I have a favorite actor, so how in the world would my dad know? Then I realized what he had been trying to tell me and I answered, "David Duchovny." My father calls him David DutchOveny.

Cheating to win a Daddy Daughter game. This is why my father rocks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember how we also had to do the game with the shoes under the edge of the curtain thing? I don't remember many more details actually...

Susannah said...

Yeah, I barely remember that. I hate those games, haha.