Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dear Luke,


To my darling nephew:

In a few years you won't remember our relationship as it is right now. At least I don't think you will, as I have very little memories of when I was 2.

You crack me up. I love it when you dance and sing "shake your booty", and when you start chanting "raise the roof." I love your sense of humor and how you are well aware of it (as you like to say, "Ha, I'm funny!")

I love that you smirk when replying "like a felon" when I ask if you are jellin'; or "like a villain" when I ask if you are just chillin'. I love how you told Meridith you didn't want to talk to her on the phone because you were "too busy playing."
I love that though most children your age are just learning to construct sentences, you and I hold full conversations.
I love that you enjoy George Duran and Ham on the Street just as much as me (though our reasons differ); and that you ask to watch it by name.

I love that you ask for things by saying, "Please, Auntie Susie...the Coolest Auntie Ever." (mwa ha ha, I have taught you well.)
I love when you run to me and jump into my arms. I love when you yell my name when I knock on the door. I love when you give me a kiss and say "Lo-lu, Auntie", saying you love me.
You are darling; and we'd better stay buddies while you grow up.

Love,
Auntie Susie

3 comments:

Sariah said...

That is such a sweet letter to your nephew! I hope he is able to read it someday and know just how special he is to you - and you to him.

Gave me the warm fuzzies. ;)

Susannah said...

Aww, thanks

Anonymous said...

now if we could just find a 25-30 year old "Luke" that isn't directly related (second cousins are okay...)