Thursday, March 16, 2006

"Come on cat daddy, let's do this!" -guy across the hall

I thought I would hate the 2 episode versions of The Biggest Loser. I mean, what faster way to jump the shark, right? (Five points if you know where 'jump the shark' came from w/o searching. I'm totally going to win a gameshow someday with my random knowledge!) But I actually do like them. It is probably because of my depleting attention span--final results in two hours? Rock on!
This past week was Marine wives vs Army wives. I started cheering for Dari pretty early on (pronounced 'dar-ee', but I pronouced it 'dairy' for my own amusement), she was giggly and fun so she reminded me of last seasons runner up Suzy. Dari lost about 45 pounds, and her team (Marine wives) won. I cheered.

I'm excited for the new real season to start. It would have been awesome to have gotten on the show--Oh yeah...I did go to the casting call, I never mentioned the whole story about that on here. I guess now is as good a time as any:

It was held in a food court (harsh) of a mall in Henderson.

I woke up pretty dang early (like 4 a.m.-ish) and plugged in my hot curlers. I pulled out my big container of nail polishes and chose a maroonish shade that matched my maroonish empire-waist split-front top perfectly. After painting my toenails I put the curlers in my hair and spent about twenty minutes doing my makeup (which looked, if I may say, awesome.) I then threw on my dark blue flaired jeans and grabbed my orange high heels and headed out the door.

The drive to Henderson took less time than I had expected, and I pulled in the parking lot near 6 a.m. I felt a tad too sheepish to get out of my car, so I sat there for a minute psyching myself for it. Finally I got out of the car and walked over to the end of the line, which happened to be about six feet away from my car. The girls ahead of me were really nice. I was barefoot so they kept telling me to at least stand on their blanket, haha. I thankfully declined. The line quickly grew double its size, so I was pretty much in the exact middle. People were sitting on the ground on blankets wrapped in more blankets on top of their coats. Some were sitting in camping chairs. A black lady, whose hair was in curlers under a showercap, brought fried chicken! Hahaha! One guy, from Northern Utah, went up and down the line with his videocamera asking everyone where they were from. He said that if one of us made it on the show he wanted to be able to say he knew us "when." He was really nice and funny, I hope he made it onto the show.

At about 10 a.m. they unlocked the doors and led us into the mall. The lady who was first in line had taken it upon herself to hand out numbers to everyone, most likely so she could be sure to keep that first spot in the event that the door got rushed, haha. I was number 53. :)
Once we were inside a lot more people started showing up. There had to have been 300-400 people standing in line by 11 a.m.
I had a lot of fun with the people around me. There were about 8 of us who were all chatting together. One of the girls grabbed a chair from the actual food court area (we were all just outside of it; the line went all around the mall, right in front of the store entrances) so I grabbed a chair for one of the girls. Then I got the idea to bring over one of the benches, hehehe. I started to drag it over by one of its handles, which made a horrible squeaking sound as it scraped over the tile floor. One of the girls came running over to help me. We ended up with two benches and three chairs in a circle in line, hahahaha. We had a lot of fun. One of the girls told me I should be a model (haha, I get that so often, I think it is my height) so I ended up doing my Tyra Banks impersonation from America's Next Top Model "I have one picture left in my hand. The girl whose face is on this card will continue her journey to become America's Next Top Model. The girl whose face is NOT on this card will end her journey tonight." I'm pretty good at it, I must say. Then I somehow got roped into strutting down a pretend catwalk with one of the other girls. I totally did it and had a blast. Man, that was fun.
One guy came by because he was called back from the casting call in Boston, but he got the voicemail too late, and he was going to happen to be in Vegas so he came to see if they would let him interview again there. (they didn't) He was talking about the Boston one and how there was a girl there who didn't look at all like she was 280, although it was what she said. He asked me how much I weigh, I lied. HAHAHA. Not that it would have mattered, but I think it is just an automatic reaction. I shaved a good 25 lbs off. He said he didn't think I looked it, so I guess I really don't look like what I actually am, haha. Man, I crack me up.

Near 12:30 they asked everyone to fill out applications and line up single file. We had to give back our benches...punks, haha. Apparently I looked really really nervous because all the girls in the little group kept reassuring me I'd do fine, haha. One girl kept saying, "Calm down, Boobs (the nickname she gave me; man, I hate that word), it'll be over soon." They split us into groups of 12, then we sat at a large table with one of the casting directors and he had us introduce ourselves then asked a "discussion question", ours was "Is food addiction is a real addiction and should it be treated as such?" Some people were saying the dumbest stuff. Oh my! Then we turned in our applications and it was all over.

I didn't get called into a second interview. But that is just because NBC thinks I'm too cool for TV.

Image hosting by Photobucket

1 comment:

Susannah said...

i actually only wanted to comment because then i'd be the first. And to show you i still read ALL about your life... so i'm not a horrible friend just a bad one for not keeping in touch

Love you!
Mandy Griffin | 03.17.06 - 12:00 am | #

Oh heavens Mandy! Come visit me in Vegas sometime!
I miss you!
Susannah | 03.17.06 - 12:34 am | #