Thursday, September 15, 2005

"[The Honeyman] is just like my old girlfriend." -Jayar

I get so frustrated sometimes because I take everything personally. It isn't on purpose, believe me, if I could just let everything fly past me I would.

I'm trying to be a good little receptionist and take these messages and go so insanely outside of my comfort zone by answering phones. But it is hard to stay upbeat when I automatically take things personally. I've come to hate the phrase, "Just so you know..." because it is usually followed with something I'm doing wrong.

"Just so you know, you can just yell to me when the phone is for me. You don't need to keep coming in my office every time."
actually I've been directed not to yell throughout the office, but thanks for playing.

After a guy called twice, both times willing to hold on the line, he finally asked me to have the chick call him when she got off her line. So I handed her a note that said to call him. She stopped talking on her phone and said, "When I get a call and I'm on my line tell me; I'm usually talking to my friend. Interupt me. I really needed to talk to him." Ok, fine. Don't take it personally, Susannah, just tell her from now on. Even though last time you DID do that she left them holding for over five minutes...all of which time your phone was beeping incessantly because you were the one to put them on hold. And even with as annoying as that is, and you know she does it constantly, tell her. Let 'em hold.

Ugh.

She didn't even call Mr. "I really needed to talk to him" back for like twenty minutes. Don't shoot the messenger.

No comments: