Sunday, April 17, 2005

"I'm going 90." -Aaron, referring to Hitch

Elizabeth calls me a big case of irony. Haha. So true.

And on that note:
Although my last post on not being able to do anything in front of people... I think I'm turning thespian again. Dang it.

I've always been a theater/musicals person. I can sing every single lyric from:
Annie
My Fair Lady
Bye Bye Birdie
Guys and Dolls
Sound of Music
West Side Story
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Oliver
South Pacific
Fiddler on the Roof
Forever Plaid
Once Upon a Mattress
Yentl
1776
and a bunch of others


I've been singing "Big Spender" from the broadway play Fosse since I was four-years-old! ("The minute you walked in the joint/I could see you were a man of distinction, a real big spender/Good lookin', so refined/How'd you like to know whats goin' on in my mind/So lemme get right to the point/I don't pop my cork for every guy I see/Hey big spender!/Spend a little time with me")
All my life (as well as before my life) my father has played in or conducted pit orchestras for musicals from time to time and my mother also enjoys musicals/plays. I had a very music-filled childhood. We would sing songs from musicals while on long car trips (which I think freaked Suzanne out when she first rode with us in New York before marrying Richard, hahaha!)

I took two drama classes while in junior high. I had a lot of friends in my classes (including my crush-of-the-moment, Nate) so the socialness of it was fun. And my teacher was awesome. But I really didn't like acting. I hated the pressure that being center of attention brought.

Oh well, whatever. I went through 8 years of hating the idea of acting only to suddenly love the idea again...what in the world???


So, yeah, I want to get into acting again.

No comments: