Tuesday, January 19, 2016

And so it begins...

I have not kept up to date with this thing, and it's a shame because I love to be able to go back and read my ramblings about inconsequential things.
So, going back...

I drove to Colorado on May 29, 2015. I had planned to leave the day before, but had a lot of cleaning to do still. I spent that day (May 28, Elizabeth's 41st birthday; [hbd, Eliz!]) wiping out the bathroom cabinets and throwing away old cosmetics and broken hair accessories. (See, I can let go of things! Rescind your application to Hoarders.) I then worked on boxes in the garage, which was harder. When I moved from Las Vegas back home to Orem, I tried to organize as I boxed things up. That was taking far too long. My big sister Elizabeth helped me pack by throwing everything in boxes. These were the boxes I now had to go through, and was back to the situation of having to organize as I cleaned things out.
The mess got bigger (organized piles, but piles nonetheless) and stressful. I started handing boxes and bags to my mom, things (cute bags and cosmetic and hair samples) for her to give to my nieces from me. (I didn't finish and Meridith saved the rest of my pile from a life in my mom's favorite storage bin: the garbage can.)

It was a rainy day, so I'm glad I took the time to clean rather than drive through the rain. 

No comments: