Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I am Ballerina-Man

I want to start every post, tweet, status update, whatever with:

YOU GUYS!

Because I am excited. I get very excited about what I say. I am easily entertained, easily excitable. I JUST WANT TO TELL "YOU GUYS" HOW COOL EVERYTHING IS!

YOU GUYS! IT'S ALMOST MY BIRTHDAY!
I will be 28-years-old in two weeks. This blows my mind. I am pretty sure I turned 20 last year. Lame party at the park across from my apartment in Provo? You remember, right? I put up a sign for the party on the wall of my apartment building, and was kind of surprised that ward members actually, um, showed up?

Yeah, well, somehow 8 years have flown by. I'm not quite sure how. I'm not much different than I was 8 years ago. I am a lot prettier than I was 8 years ago. Oh come on, you were thinking it.





















Remember how some guy in my BYU ward wanted to ask me out but thought I was dating The Honeyman, so he didn't? What in the world was he thinking? Because A) Ryan is not my type, and B) Come on, dude. I had like four haircolors and a double chin.
Where is that dude now? Hahaha

That picture frightens me. I've got to get past it
.
.
.
.
.
.
that's better.

You guys! It is almost my birthday!  I am having an outdoor movie next Saturday, which I'm pumped about. I am introducing my friends to Mystery Men, which has been in my top 5 movies since it came out in '99.
Deborah and I went to the theater near the mall. We didn't have a movie picked out, we were just having a bit of a sisters afternoon out. WE LAUGHED SO HARD. I don't think Zuff likes it much now, but man...we were both almost out of our seats laughing at the ridiculousness of it.

I convinced my dad to go see it with me a few weeks later. I remember him laughing hard at "We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

Oh man, I'm excited to introduce this ridiculous movie to my friends.
(Then again, I showed them Ghostbusters and most of them thought it wasn't worthy of my extreme love of it. Obviously I have dumb friends.)

I enjoy ridiculousness. I really do. My favorite movies aren't my favorites because they are deep and emotional and make you think. They are my favorites because they make me smile.

Because I think in movie quotes.

"Uh, please don't correct me, it sickens me."

I don't usually say the quote that pops in my head, because most of the people around me JUST DON'T GET IT. Because they are no fun. Obviously.

No comments: