Saturday, November 05, 2011

Bored to board

We are waiting in the lobby of our Rome hotel. We are boarding a bus that will take us to the Vatican before taking us to our cruise ship.

It has been a lot of fun so far. Lots of waiting, lots of sitting, lots of carbs.

Our group is mostly couples in their early 60s, with a few scattered youngin's mixed in.

This morning Cele and I came down to the lobby at 5:45 a.m. to sit and write in our journals before breakfast. We had a pleasant breakfast sitting next to one of the speakers on our tour. (In chatting with him we found out he was really good friends with my manager/friend Jamie and her late husband. Cele says this trip is not fortuitous, we are supposed to be here.)

I woke up at 3 this morning and tried to stay quiet by watching a movie on my iPad but I quickly got bored. I got up and dressed and did my makeup before Celeste woke up.

:)

No comments: