Monday, October 10, 2011

"What it means to be a leopard in the modern world."

I don't understand people who aren't friends with their siblings. I say I am lucky to have been raised with my 6 best friends. The same goes for my nieces and nephews. They are my buddies.
Getting to spend almost 4 years living down the street from my big sister not only helped me get to know her better but helped me stay close with her babies.

My Care Bear is a teenager!!!


Susannah: "I was going to write a bunch of embarrassing things about you on your Facebook wall for your birthday."
Caroline: "Oh gosh."
Susannah: "Yeah, uh, that's why I didn't do that."

SO I'LL WRITE IT HERE!









Caroline is my oldest sister's oldest daughter; my first niece. She likes to call herself my Favorite Niece, but how can I say that when I have 11 awesome nieces. But I do consider Care one of my best friends, one of my favorite people to hang out with.

One time I made her laugh so hard she wet her pants in the middle of Target.
Bwahahahahahaha. I nicknamed her Pull-Up Puddles that night.

Ok, I'll stop with the embarrassing things. Instead how about what I love about Caroline?
She is very intelligent. One smart cookie. She not only gets my jokes, her come-backs are often funnier. Care and I have sleepovers when she visits, we pick out a movie (usually I pick it out) and I quickly fall asleep while Care watches the entire thing. Poor thing has watched all my favorite movies so many times. When Caroline was about 8-years-old she could explain the plot lines for all three Back to the Future movies in intricate detail.

Last week Caroline cuddled with me on the couch while I rewound a Scott Conant clip on tv for about twenty minutes.

How can she be 13 already?? Pretty soon she is going to be so old that she won't want to hold my hand while we drive or let me choose what we watch on tv (ha, are we an old married couple or what?)



(Next month my Abbs turns 13 as well! I'm so excited for her. I have been gathering things for her gift for months! They've been tucked in my dresser, waiting for to open them while I'm in Israel on her birthday.)

No comments: