Monday, October 11, 2010

Fifth scale

Sitting in a business meeting between my dad and my big sister, it is all going over my head.

Seventh diminished chord something something blah blah blah. I have no idea what it all means. I am not musical. Sure, I can squawk my way through a cello piece, pick out the fingering of the right hand of a piano song with no sharps or flats (C key signature? Something like that.) but I have no idea what's going on when it comes to music theory or even, ya know, the names of the notes, hahahaha. I just play by ear.


My father is well-known in the LDS music community, my sisters are all great pianists, and each of my siblings can rock their respective instruments (bass, violin, cello, bass, viola, and both violin & viola.) So it is supposed that I will be amazing musically. Or, at the very least, know what in the world is going on, hahaha.

No comments: