Thursday, January 01, 2009

Year 2008, summed up

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got in a car accident. Went on a cruise. Modeled swimwear in a fashion show (bwahaha)



2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I usually make the same ones and break them January 2nd. I'll do it again this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My big sister Deborah had her little boy, Asher, in September

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Great-Aunt Vee

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A cosmetology license, a bit more financial wiggle room

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Dates? Like a date? I didn't date in 2008. (Huh, sounds like something I should be chanting rather than typing.) Calendar dates? January 6th - car accident, blizzard. September 9th - Asher's birthday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing another year of school. Cleaning my bedroom on January 23rd.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Finances. Keeping my bedroom clean.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fall down a lot...

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't really buy anything cool...Oh! Oh! The power cables for my Nintendo and SNES. I can kick Bowser's trash once again. (yeah, I know, I'm a nerd.)



12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My awesome family in general. My classmates who gave me $90 the day all my cash was stolen.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The people who stole my purse in April and my cash in December!!! Hands off; No touchie. And the cop who gave me a ticket after that guy hit George. :'(

14. Where did most of your money go?
Gas, food, utilities, insurance

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our Disney cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta



16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
All I Wanna Do - Sugarland, Katy Perry's stuff

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Much happier. I have a job, friends, and am almost done with school!
b) thinner or fatter?
Up and down, up and down. Down about six lbs.
c) richer or poorer?
In more debt. Yipee

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleep, spend time with family

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying, stressing, procrastinating

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Woke up with my family, took a headache nap, hung out with family, etc

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Hahaha

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Chuck, Pushing Daisies, House

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Uh...nope

24. What was the best book you read?
I didn't really read much this year...some fiction about a forensic scientist in the 1800s, the Twilight saga, a few Janet Evanovichs.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Luke Bryan, I suppose? Ok, so I just find him really attractive.



26. What did you want and get?
Lots of various things

27. What did you want and not get?
Sleep, a day off

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh heavens, I love movies. How about a general list of movies released this year that I enjoyed?
Cloverfield
Untraceable
Be Kind Rewind
Run, Fat boy, Run
Leatherheads
Iron Man
Indiana Jones
The Dark Knight
Tropic Thunder
Eagle Eye
Quantum of Solace

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24. I went to breakfast with my sister, bro-in-law, nephew, and friends Ryan and Zack. Then Zacky, Ryan, and I hung out all day.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less stress? More sleep?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Monochromatic (I have to wear solid black to school, which is 5 days a week, so I wear a lot of black)

32. What kept you sane?
TV shows on DVD and bubble baths

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Craig Ferguson, Zachary Levi



34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Barackolli vs. McPain ...not really "stirred", just annoyed in general

35. Who did you miss?
My family and friends in Utah (and, uh, Idaho)

36. Who was the best new person you met?
My friends at work, Ashley, Jackie, Annyong

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
You'll get through it. and Don't take the crazy man's fridge.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Too many mutha uckas uckin with my shi (my transaction/weekly statement/balance shi)" - Flight of the Conchords
hahahaha, just kidding.

"Beauty school drop out, no graduation day for you. Beauty school drop out, missed your midterms and flunked shampoo."
I didn't drop out, but had a heckuva time wanting to be there for several months. (The instructor makes a huge difference!)

1 comment:

Meridith said...

woot! on #35. Miss you, babe.

I heart Leatherheads and Craig Ferguson.