Friday, January 16, 2009

"[Potato guns don't kill people]...potatoes kill people."

Is the week over yet? Please?

I get bored in my mundane routine: wake up with only minutes to spare, rush to school, rush from school to work, rush from work to home, breathe, shower, do anything else (reply to email, turn on a movie, make dinner, etc) and fall asleep. Do it again.
But as soon as something changes in my routine I am thrown off for several days.

I took my state board of cosmetology written test for licensure this week. Holy stressed out, Batman.

I had to be at work all Sunday (which was so slow that Erwin and I watched movies on his laptop at the front counter all day long. [Jackie Chan movies...I guess thats what I get for hanging out with a short Asian kid {bwahahaha}]) I had forgotten to bring my books to study, so I was pretty much stressing out about it all that day.

Monday I went to Mesquite to hang out with my big sister and her little family...and to study. Then I got home and crammed as many latin-based words into my brain as possible. (Skin and nail disorders kill me; I absolutely can't get their names correct.)

After very little sleep I woke up Tuesday morning at 4:45 because I had to be downtown by 7:15. I got there near 6:30 a.m. (Wow, Elizabeth would be proud.) The test went OK, I'm pretty sure I did well...but who knows, really? (I'll get the results by mail sometime soon.) Then I went to school and then usual.

Tuesday night I had an awesome surprise!
(One of) My best friend Ryan and his pseudo-gf Jessica showed up at my workplace right before quittin' time. (After a spur-of-the-moment six hour drive down.) Although I was exhausted mentally, emotionally, and definitely physically, we got together with Ashley, Jackie, and Erwin for dinner and dorking around. SO. FUN. Although Ryan tried to hook me up with our server, including shouting out my actual cell phone number...oh my.
I got less than 2 hours of sleep before I had to run off to school...

Wednesday I brought Ryan, Jessica, and Jackie into the salon and worked on them nonstop for over 4 hours. Lessee here...Cut, color, wash, blow out, cut, cut and curls. It was fun, but holy crapola, Batman, was I tired.
Then I had to go to work. :(

And then there was sleep... Ahhhh.

Less than 2 months left before my routine will be viciously uprooted. And yet I'm so excited about it.

1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

If anyone's excited about it, it's me. Let's just put that out there.