Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"She marches to her own drummer, and that drummer has no sense of rhythm."




I'm not good at letting things go. The more I try to not be annoyed about something the more it annoys me.

The first day of our vacation in June I accidentally hit Erase All on my camera. Then I accidentally hit Yes. I know, I know. I'm an idiot. I really wish I could say this was the first time I did just that. Yes, erase every picture I just took. Yes, I really mean it. NOOOOOOOO!
So I immediately took that memory card out, in hopes that I can use a restoration software to get those pictures back. The only problem with that is that I couldn't use that card anymore if I wanted to restore it. Blast. So I put in my only back up memory card.
A few days into the cruise that memory card was full, and I had no backup card to put in. I asked my little sister, Meridith if I could offload my camera onto her laptop and then erase my card to use for the rest of the cruise.

A few weeks after the cruise, after a lot of bugging on my part, Meridith sent me about half of my pictures.

Last week Meridiths harddrive died a painful death.

Which means every picture I took on the first few days of our vacation is gone. Forever. *tears* (From dinner the first night until Cabo San Lucas two days later.)

(and of course I'm sad for all the things Mer lost as well.)

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Oooh, I sympathize. :(

Anonymous said...

My laptop did that a while back. I had a local guy back in MN look at it and he was actually able to pull some things (mostly photos) off my original hard-drive. You should tell her to look into it. Have someone who is really computer savvy look at the old hard drive and try.