Tuesday, December 04, 2007

"I think I've been able to fool a lot of people because I know I'm a dork. I'm a geek."- Gwen Stefani

I've always had a lot of friends. Is that odd to say? But it's true. One of my favorite memories is when I walked into the 9th grade Halloween dance I had six friends yell out my name. Six seperate friends from seperate groups. Or the year in high school when I couldn't walk from one class to the next without having to reply "Hey" about fifteen times.

I could get along with several types of people: the cheerleaders, the band geeks, the debaters, etc. But I acted a bit different with each one. Not different as in being fake, just different. Each "group" sees a different side of me. Lets be honest, I am a total dork. I am silly, goofy, and random. But that doesn't fly too well with some groups. Very few people have seen my special dance, bwa haha. Or my raptor impression. For the most part those only come at a time The Honeyman calls, "Crazy Susannah" He says he thinks Crazy Susannah is the most real me, and that I should let that show more often, haha.

So if that is the real me then most of my friends like the...not me? Haha, wait a minute. Because of this, I have no idea what kind of image I am presenting to my various groups of friends.
So I did the awkward thing and asked Zack, Nikki, Amanda, and Sarah (because they were online at the time) why they hang out with me. hahaha. (Lest it sound like I was fishing for compliments, I'm really just trying to see what kind of image I portray.)

I've been friends with Sarah since she was born (as I am older), so she should know this sort of thing, right?
Sarah said:
You're ridiculous. Thats what makes you most enjoyable.

I've been friends with Nikki since the end of 9th grade, and spent the majority of my free time in high school with her.
Nikki said:
You're so fun! I love talking with you. And always in the "now" I'm never up with the latest anything but you always know what's up. I think you are more reserved in big crowds of people you don't know. (Or have a crush on ;) ) But around people you're comfortable with you have a really fun goofy personality. I wouldn't call it dorky. I think you're really fun.

I've been friends with Amanda since the middle of high school. A fairly new friendship.
Amanda said:
Your happy personality definitely makes you enjoyable. I definitely see the goofy side of you...but I don't know how you act around other people. I haven't seen you in many group situations...so I am not exactly sure what type of personality other people would see.

I've been friends with Zack since I was 16, so I asked him about now and in high school.
Zack said:
now Well you ARE fun. It's because you are really smart but at the same time, you don't let the knowledge put you in a subclass of people who are too smart to be fun. You also have a knack for taking an everyday activity (watching a movie) and making it not an everyday activity (dueling with baseball bats.) And since you're so hot it's easy to have a good time when you're around.
in high school For the most part you're the same; but the personality "weaknesses" you had in high school have either been strenthened or you've accepted them and realize they are a part of your life, and you adapt for them instead of remaining obsessed with them.


I can only conclude that I am enough of Crazy Susannah for those closest to see it? I still have no idea what those outside my tightest group see. Huh, interesting. So I'm throwing it out there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Favorite friend: Michelle