Friday, May 05, 2006

"If we're ever in the same tank or submarine and I refuse use your periscope then you'll know what I mean; that is how I'll kiss you."

Today was Tashina's last day in Las Vegas so we went to Red Rock Canyon (where we played Model on the Rocks), Claim Jumper (where I was given about seventeen onions on a plate), and The Worlds Largest Gift Shop (where I got "How You Doin'?"ed by a guy with a New York accent named John.)

I took a lot of pictures of Tashina and threatened to post them all. I am being true to my threat:


Uhh, rocks and a smile.

Check out TDawgYo's new short haircut...is that a new hat?

Ok, ok, I made her pose...but it was really funny in my head.

What did I say that was so funny? I think it was "the camera loves ya baby!" or something inappropriate

Just don't look at my face...I was trying not to laugh while staring into the sun and yeah...just hurry past this one.

My hair has never looked so smooth; thanks Garnier Fructis!

Squatting? funny. Taking pictures of rock? funny.

Where am I? Where am I? Gee thats a long way down.

Uhhh...I just thought the burned bark looked interesting with the newly uncovered bark.

Posed? Possibly. The more interesting part is what you can't see: the funky contortion I got myself in to lay on the rock to get the shot.

Its trying so hard to not be a smile.

Ok, so I am lying on a boulder with my toes holding me thisfaraway from a plunge...Tashina is barely even on the boulder, holding herself with her elbows. Yeah, that was kinda freaky.

Thats really as far out as my tongue will go. My friend says what I lack in tongue I make up in lips.

If you look closely you will notice Tashina is licking the boulder. Pure photographic magic on my part. Thank you, thank you.

I got really dirty lying on rocks to get the up shots.

Some rocks.

See that big giant drop right in front of me? Yeah, the one I almost slipped into?

Its kind of hard to see how pretty the contrasting colors were between the yellow and green of the flower and the red and brown of the rock. Oh, and I [heart] Macro.

Queen of the self portraits.

She reminds me of Toby at the end of Labyrinth where he is just sitting on the messed up staircases.

Hey, Tashina, stick your head between these two boulders!

To the Batcave!

Emerging from hibernation.

Home sweet home.

She is taking a picture of the sand. I kid you not.

I haven't glared at the camera much, have I? Better face the sun then.

Not exactly the prettiest landscape...but that is a great shade of brown I've got myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Red Rock Canyon. We always used to go there in the morning and run around and take bazillions of pictures, and then go down to Fremont Street in the evening and take in my other favorite feature of Vegas, the delightfully tacky light show. One time they were playing "After Midnight" by Eric Clapton and my Icelandic exchange student friend and I started dancing to it in the middle of Fremont, and people started throwing quarters at us. YESSSSSSS!

Anonymous said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy...

I take pictures of everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING. That's why digital cameras are dangerous in my hands. :D
And you can see down my shirt in a couple of those photos..... Susannah, do you know what that is going to do to my reputation?

Susannah said...

Audrey-
Thats so cool! I love the light show on Fremont, last time we were there The Honeyman danced and nearly had money thrown at him

Tashina-
To your reputation? Hmmm, nothing. ;)


And may I just say-- Holy crapola, I am SO PALE!