Friday, September 09, 2005

"This is the long goodbye" -Brooks & Dunn

I apologize beforehand for all sappiness and rambling.

I started my day the same way I ended it: in the arms of one of my best friends, both crying.


Sarah (Thursday's Mystery Meat) flew out to New York City this morning. I got up at 6:30 to go with her and her mother to the airport. I didn't think it would be difficult to say goodbye; the fact that I'm moving to another state (and time zone, haha) hadn't sunk in. But the second she hugged me we both lost it. My best friend of 20 years. We haven't been apart for more than 6 months (when she moved to London when I was in 6th grade) since she was born! She will be home from NYC in a week, but I won't get to see her until the first week of October. (Which isn't too far away, thank goodness.)

I went to my dentist appointment (2 cavities, predictable) then picked up Zacky Zack. We went to Chili's then went to The Honeyman's apartment. After watching xXx on TV I took Zack home and continued my quest to get packed.

I went with The Honeyman over to the dress rehearsal for Aida (at the Scera in Orem, everyone should go see it.) After sitting through the directors notes (hello, an hour) I went to Village Inn with The Honeyman, Chris Money, AJ, Danielle, Sheila, Ellie, Kelly, and Aaron; and Debbie and Sarah joined us later. I did not realize how hard it would be to say goodbye to each one of them individually. Can't I throw out a "see ya!" and get it over with? Man, this is tough. It is amazing to me that I can have almost as hard of a time saying goodbye to people I've known only five months as the one I've known twenty years.

Although I am infamous for not telling people I love them (hi Meridith!) I do. I couldn't love my family more and I love each one of my friends; even Chris ;) haha. I cried the entire drive home from Village Inn. I pulled down my visor mirror and would occasionally look at myself cry; it was the only thing that made me laugh really hard.

All I can say is I had better get a lot of emails and phone calls the first few months. (And after that, but especially then.) And people had better come visit me in Las Vegas. :)

Aw man, I've got myself crying again and it's almost 2 a.m. and I have a 6 hour drive by myself tomorrow.


Goodbye Beehive State!

No comments: